Between Venice and Florence, the Apennine Mountains and the Adriatic Sea – Romagna is known as the ‘Heart of Italy’. Less touristy than many other Italian destinations, Romagna is known throughout Italy for its warm hospitality, the quality of its food and wine, its stunningly beautiful countryside and its major cities of art.
And much more. Download Best of Romagna HERE
Here are 20 reasons why you should experience the Best of Romagna NOW, whilst it is still truly authentic and before it is discovered by the global tourism industry…
1. Romagna's amazingly good FOOD – Food is Romagna’s equal second love. It is no surprise that Pellegrino Artusi ‘The Father of Italian Cookery’ was born here – fresh fruit and vegetables abound, there are great fields of corn and wheat and dozens of DOC and IGP foodie products. Food is so fresh that almost all restaurants and caffes make their own pasta daily.
2. Romagna's superb WINES – Here wine is another equal second love. Romagna’s sun-soaked hills and valleys seem to be engineered to host fabulous vineyards. The lucky Romagnoli quaff superb locally-grown Sangiovese and golden Albana wines amongst many others – at really low prices.
3. Romagna's HOSPITABLE PEOPLE – throughout Italy the Romagnoli are known for their warm hospitality. It is said that if a stranger asks for a drink in any other part of Italy he is always given water – in Romagna he is always provided with wine!
4. Romagna's WALL-TO-WALL CULTURE. Because of its great harvests of agricultural products and seafood – Romagna has always been prosperous and a great prize for any warlord. Consequently warrior barons have created great cities and superb collections of art over the centuries for all to enjoy now.
5. Romagna's DELIGHTFUL ENVIRONMENT From the Apennine mountains and the rolling Romagna Hills, through the lovely river valleys to the Adriatic Sea, Romagna is a land where the lush, fertile environment has been cherished and cultivated to provide a feast for the eye as well as for the soul.
6. Romagna's LACK OF TOURISTS . Luckily few tourists venture far south of Venice or East of Florence and Tuscany to discover this beautiful hospitable territory – yet! So it’s ALL YOURS for the moment.
7. Romagna is GREAT VALUE. It is surprising what great value you get in a non-tourist economy. Think a great coffee for €1, a good bottle of wine for €5, and a superb meal for €15. Added to the benefits of 0km incredibly high quality produce and you have simply unbelievable value.
8. In Romagna, you can WALK, CYCLE or DRIVE to your heart’s content – almost empty country roads, few traffic jams, heart-stoppingly beautiful walks. Over delightful hills and mountaina, on the flat by the beach by the sea, through wonderful pine forests in superb small cities of art. The choice is yours.
9. Romagna's GREAT FESTIVALS. The Romagnoli enjoy a party – it’s their number 1 Love. So pretty much every week there is a festival or two, or three somewhere in Romagna. All sorts of foods are celebrated, all sorts of historical events – anything is a good enough excuse to have a good time, eat and drink dance and sing in truly atmospheric settings.
10. Romagna is GREAT FOR SHOPPING. There are still wonderful artisans in Romagna making great clothes and shoes for the world’s big fashion brands. Naturally you can buy them in local outlets. Plus, of course there is the Duty-Free Republic of San Marino where you can buy pretty much anything.
11. Romagna has over 300 amazing CASTLES. Over the centuries Romagna was seen as a great prize for warlords from all over Italy and beyond. First they would conquer and then they would build their castles. Venetians, Florentines, Milanese, and more have built fabulous fairytale castles full of stories, myth and, often magic!
12. Romagna is good for your HEALTH. Great pine forests full of scented air, lovely hillsides and mountains, natural mineral and thermal baths – a visit to Romagna is a cure in itself.
13. Romagna is getting GREENER all the time. A natural home for Green Holidays, more and more hotels and restaurants are becoming 100% green. Okm food is now taken for granted, Bio is Romagna’s version of organic and much effort is going into reducing emissions and providing really green alternatives. You can rest assured that, in Romagna you are not only doing yourself good, but the Earth too!
14. In the words of noted US food journalist Janice Nieder “Romagna sure kicks Tuscany’s ass!” Romagna has ALL THE GOOD THINGS THAT TUSCANY HAS - AND NONE OF THE BAD THINGS. Romagna has not suffered from mass tourism so the level of natural hospitality and prices is unblemished. It is truly beautiful and still really authentic. A real experience for visitors.
15. Romagna CELEBRATES REAL CHRISTMAS. It’s simply the very best excuse for a party from the beginning of December until mid-January Romagna gets full of Christmas spirit. Nativity scenes, Christmas markets, Christmas lights and Christmas events abound – and great specialized Christmas food and drink too.
16. Romagna has FABULOUS CITIES OF ART. Ceramic city Faenza, serene Cesena, impressive Imola, lordly Forli, Roman Rimini and the fabulous Byzantine Ravenna are just five of Romagna’s glorious art cities.
17. In Romagna you can LEARN TO COOK LIKE AN ITALIAN at some of the greatest schools of cookery in Italy. Make great fresh pasta, superb desserts, stunning piadina and more – it’s both fun and a very useful
18. In Romagna, YOU’LL SEE THINGS YOU COULDN’T ANYWHERE ELSE. Here life-changing experiences are on offer from the exquisite mosaics in Ravenna’s Byzantine World Heritage sites through the amazing Roman remains in Rimini, possibly second only to Rome itself, to the amazing up-to-the-minute Mutoid sculpture Park
19. VENICE AND FLORENCE are both very close. But so is the sea and the hills and the mountains and the castles and the great food and wine and the amazing hospitality of Romagna!
20. THINGS CHANGE and sooner or later the wonders of Romagna will be discovered. Prices will increase and value will decrease so COME NOW!
Download Best of Romagna HERE
More about Romagna:
More about BestofRomagna at: http://www.bestofromagna.com and http://www.Facebook.com/Bestofromagna
And there's more about this fabulous destination: Put the Christmas back into Christmas. Follow the Christmas star... Discover the Heart of Italy - Fireflies, Cherries and Soaring Hills - Tourism attraction from scrap Romagna - Very Hot Metal - Dancing in the Piazza - Meet Romagna's Cast - Mayday Mayday - Romagna's got it covered - Kite festival - Green and very pleasant land gets even greener