Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat – come to share Romagna’s feast and learn where real tourism’s AT!
Says Best of Romagna "Qualifying Travel Agents and Group Organisers are cordially invited to experience colourful Christmas markets and more in Italy's Romagna for themselves - plus take part in the Best of Romagna familiarization, training & certification program."
Upon the completion of the program they will become Best of Romagna certified experts and be entitled to use the logo and benefit from marketing initiatives including web-generated leads.
In Romagna, all the fun and the magic of Christmas is taken very seriously indeed - why not join in the spirit and find unique Christmas presents and great fun – and learn about Romagna’s massive tourism opportunity?
Villages, towns, cities and seaside resorts enthusiastically compete with each other with the quality of their Christmas markets, Christmas lights, decorations, and Christmas music.
Christmas markets sell decorations, gifts and Christmas treats like nougat to celebrate Santa Lucia, superb Panettone (traditionally not baked until 7th December) and all manner of sweets abound. And simply everywhere there are hundreds and thousands of lovely Nativity Scenes.
Here the city-state's castles and walkways reveal sensational views, its cobbled streets and alleys hide little shops selling simply everything - tax paid only to San Marino! And at Christmastime thousands of visitors arrive to enjoy San Marino's wonderful sights and warm hospitality - and SHOP duty free.
During the 6-day familiarization, training and certification visit agents will:
- Learn to taste wines in vineyards from expert enologists and try at least 15 superb local wines – including Christmas specials
- Enjoy a fabulous seasonal Christmas Feast
- Learn to taste fabulous virgin olive oils under the tutelage of the 17th generation of the olive mill owners
- Learn the history of Italian cuisine, learn to cook local specialties in Italy's best cookery school and cook a Christmas delicacy
- Learn how to taste local cheeses with an expert raffinatore
- Learn about and taste dozens of local culinary specialties.
- Learn about the massive cultural history of the area with its art cities, medieval castles, basilicas and mosaics dating back to when Ravenna was Imperial capital of the Roman Empire and of the kingdom of Goths – and the real Christmas traditions
- Most importantly they will each have all the expertise necessary to knowledgeably and profitably introduce your clients to all the opportunities presented by this superb, unspoiled destination in the heart of Italy.
- And, as Best of Romagna is one of the Global top 100 Sustainable Destinations agents will also have a thorough introduction to how they can individually benefit from Green/Sustainable tourism - from an acknowledged globally-recognised expert in sustainable tourism
Departures: 24, November, 1 December – with visit to fairytale Sant Agata Feltria Christmas festivities 8 December with visit to San Marino Christmas
Special Christmas Markets include: Guided tour from Bologna, 1 night city centre Bologna hotel accommodation, 4 nights country house accommodation in Romagna. All meals, guided excursions specially-arranged tastings of local produce including food, wine, olive oils, Christmas experiences, a hands-on cookery class to make fabulous pasta and a workshop to understand the area - and its sales opportunities. - Certificate of competence in Best of Romagna for successful participants together with training in other green travel opportunities.
Cost: $595 per travel agent (partners and spouses welcome - cost $795 subject to space). Single room supplement $250 - all 100% refundable on post-FTC business.
Eligible participants: Travel agents, tour operators, group organizers, and spouses/partners.
Space is strictly limited so please contact Best of Romagna as soon as possible to book your place on the next available Christmas FTC visit.
"Ti aspettiamo in Romagna!" Say the Best of Romagna team http://www.totemtourism.com/our-team.html
Read the Best of Romagna story HERE
What FAM travel agent guests said in 2016 "My clients they deserve to see this part of Italy that's not really known and its beautiful" "Breathtaking mosaics - something you just can't imagine" "On every corner of the street there's a story and someone wanting to tell it to you" "After Rome it was so nice to be here without that craziness" "You see smiles, graciousness and you see fun - you want to be a part of it and its so easy"
More info on Best of Romagna:
Between Venice and Florence, the Apennine Mountains and the Adriatic Sea - Romagna is known as the 'Heart of Italy'. Authentic, natural and much less touristy than many other Italian destinations, Romagna is revered throughout Italy for its warm hospitality, the quality of its local food and wine, its stunningly beautiful countryside, its hundreds of fairytale hilltop castles and its major cities of art.
And it has another really important aspect that you and your clients will feel everywhere you go.
Whether you're shopping or eating, walking or talking, in Romagna you can always expect old-fashioned courtesy, kindness and care. Here you can feel totally relaxed in the knowledge that your (and your clients') visit is really important and worthwhile.
Because, in Romagna you are not just another tourist as you may be in many places nowadays - here you are indeed a treasured guest.
Romagna has been recently rated as one of the world's top 100 Green Destinations for very good reason - it offers visitors experiences that really warm their hearts.
"Italy's Best Kept Secret" - said noted US food and wine writer Janice Nieder read story: HERE
PLEASE NOTE THESE FTC TRIPS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR TRAVEL AGENTS OR GROUP ORGANISERS.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND TO REQUEST YOUR PLACE VISIT AGENTS FAMILIARIZATION HERE
Best of Romagna has everything a travel agent needs to create and promote a great group experience. Check out:
Photo gallery: HERE
Agents download page (including agent's manual and FAQs): HERE